We are well and truly into 2015, no stopping now. I’m sure you all made the most of the winter sales whether it be clothes, technology or furniture, because why not! Prices are slashed and gift cards have become a common novelty as an easy present meaning more reason to shop. I absolutely love shopping, especially once my student loan has been deposited into my bank account. Being a student also means the extra added bonus of 10% student discount in most stores so there isn’t really an excuse not to! I thought about blogging a recent haul of goodies I have bought from Topshop so this is exactly what I am doing.
I am a sucker for Topshop. Although the quality of their clothing isn’t always worth the price you pay, I am still usually pleased with my purchases. My wardrobe consists of many jazzy clothing such as a mermaid like sequin bralet and glittery tops therefore what I really need is some plain items of clothing to compliment them. However me being as I am, I still bought some colourful items as well (oops).
- A pair of black suede heeled sandals- perfect for short girls like me (5’4) who need a little bit more height without wearing killer heels. They are very comfortable and have been worn in quite a lot already.
- A bright floral t-shirt which goes perfect with a denim jacket and a gold locket.
- A white crop top with a black elastic strip at the bottom and a silver zip at the back. Perfect for a night out.
- A sweet cream, black and pale pink patterned skirt.
- Basics include a black cropped top, cream cropped bralet and a pair of black high waisted jeans from Asos.
- A gold layered necklace and a silver short necklace, not quite a choker.
- I also bought a new golden faced watch with a black strap from Olivia Burton, just a small well done for all the revision I have done. It’s quite simple but smart, an investment for 2015. Unfortunately the photo doesn’t do it justice but I’m telling you now, I’m very pleased.
This is just a small idea of the sort of style I go for. I am not dedicated to fashion but I do like to keep up with the trends but with my own added twist. I have been tempted to get a subscription to Vogue but haven’t done so just yet because Instagram and other fashion blogs can be quite inspiring for new ideas. I usually shop at Topshop, Urban Outfitters and Asos, as well as Primark and H&M for basics. Missguided and Boohoo are great online retailers as well however I usually order double sizes because sizing can be an issue for me (and free returns is an added bonus!). I have started to plan outfits suited for colder weather because I am jetting off to Copenhagen on the 25th January for a city break with my friend Laura. I am very excited to go travelling after stressing over exams and it also means I can tick off another destination I have been to. I plan to blog about my European getaway and hope to do more travel blogging in the future, if anyone can recommend any good places to visit in Copenhagen, please comment!
Love Poppy x